Well, it's official, I'm a Brooklynite. Sunday my dad and I drove 4 hrs, spent another 2 unloading the truck (I just kept thinking, "Thank god I'm not on the 5th floor!") took a break for beers and burgers at the local beer garden, then primed for 3 hrs and painted for another 2.
Monday morning I was able to move in all my furniture, set up my bed, and really start unpacking. Dad and I got bagels around the corner - they really are just so much better in NY - and then he left me with mounds of shoes, clothes and books adding a tearful "I hope you're happy here," leaving unspoken: "because I'm never moving you again!"
I got almost everything unpacked, and then Jane came over to see the place. We had dinner at a nice little outdoor cafe on the corner, and the very precocious 4-year-old sitting next to us complimented me on my necklace. She was having girls' night with her mom, and after dinner was headed home for a bath and then to watch Obama and eat ice cream. Sounds like the perfect night to me!
This morning I was up early, again (although when you go to bed at 10pm you really don't need to sleep past 7), and unpacked most of my kitchen items. The kitchen and the bathroom are a little messier than I'd like, but it's nothing a 50/50 water and bleach solution won't take care of!
I stopped by a friend's place to get the instructions on dog/cat sitting - when I accepted the gig she failed to mention she lives in a 5th floor walk-up! - and then got a $2.50 falafel at Mamoun's before heading into the office and - gasp! - doing some work.
Now I'm heading home for a nap, and then tonight it's out for drinks for a friend's birthday. Updates with pictures coming soon. Thanks for everyone's positive thoughts and well wishes during the move.
It's good to be home!
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Happy Move In Week!
Post a Comment