Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Alternating Tuesdays and Thursdays 7-9


I'm going to get my new driver's license tomorrow, so I was reading the California Driver Handbook 2007 when I fell upon this nugget of caution under the heading "Additional Driving Rules":

Do not shoot firearms on a highway or at traffic signs.


Is it okay to shoot firearms in commercial, residential or school zones so long as they're not located on a highway? Can you fire at pedestrians, cyclists, livestock or other vehicles? Are you legally permitted to shoot a firearm from a moving vehicle? It just concerns me because the section on window decals immediately following is much more detailed - what you can and can't have, how big it can be, on which windows, on what side of the front windshield, exceptions to these rules, etc. The firearm restrictions seem a little thin, no?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that goes along with "slower traffic keep right" and "do not drive in the break-down lane" - Welcome to California!