My love for So You Think You Can Dance is no secret, but after reviewing last night's results show thanks to DVR I've got to say I'm a little underwhelmed.
This season is great dancer wise. There's lots of eye candy. Cat Deeley herself is a tall drink of water, and her dresses, hair and makeup have been fabulous. She also seems to genuinely care about the contestants and always sticks up for them when they get knocked by the judges. Comparing SYTYCD with Simon Fuller's other talent show American Idol, this host makes Ryan Seacrest look like the douche bag that he really is.
Speaking of judges, these ones are quirky but they know what they're talking about. Even Mary, who's cuckoo for Coco Puffs, beats out Paula hands down any day because I've never heard her mumble on about dreams and unicorns and fluffy bursts of happiness...I also like that Mary's enthusiasm doesn't appear to be chemically induced.
Now the dancers. I am so glad they got rid of Jamie. Yeah, she's got "great lines", but let's be honest - she's a poor man's Allison. And she looks like a twunt. I've got to begrudgingly excuse the ribbon the the French braid - I don't think she had a say - but who intentionally wears her hair in a French twist? For real?
The other girls - Lauren, Lacey, Sabra, Sara -not only do I want to watch them dance, I want to hang out with them. Go shopping, grab a beer, and gossip about what a cow Jamie was. (Bio pictures aren't terribly flattering).
The guys, getting back to eye candy - oooh, those guys. What I wouldn't give to have one of them dripping sweat on top of me. If you don't watch this show, check out Pasha, Danny, Neil, and Kameron. They are so friggin' hot! Yum. (Dominic is a cutie, but he should have been the one to go, not Kameron.) (Man, those bio pics make them look like such tossers - they're not so Ryan Seacresty on the show).
The show has just been a little bit of a snooze fest the last two weeks. Having all 10 dancers do the same solo - whose mind numbing idea was that? And of course it had to be to a song that makes me want to bang my head against the unstable beach cliffs across the street. John Mayer may be "Waiting on the World to Change," but I'm waiting for them to stop playing that song. And for the show to step it up!
Friday, July 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment