Monday, July 09, 2007

Shopping

I got lost on my way to the grocery store today and ended up at Marshalls - whoops! While I have no business shopping right now, I thought I'd check out the dresses. I haven't been feeling fantastic lately, the upshot of which is that it's kept me from shopping, but I've lost 4 lbs of my
NY weight (no one ever told me about the grad school 15) and wanted to feel like I could still be attractive in something other than pj's.

I LOVE Marshalls, and this one had good stuff - Calvin Klein, BCBG Max Azria, Nine West, Kenneth Cole. The translucent PVC Prada trench and the tan Miu Miu jumpsuit weren't my cup of tea, but at $80 and $30 respectively they were a steal. I mostly stayed in the dresses because a) I'm obsessed w/ dresses, especially for the summer, b) they showcase my good bits - my clavicle looks svelte - and minimize my less good bits - thighs like ham hocks, not gonna lie, and c) I can now wear summer dresses year round. Found two dresses I love, this one (reverse the black and white) and another by Speechless which I can't find a picture of, but which is a gorgeous off-white, gauzy halter with a warm red and brown twig and leaf print and it would look delicious with a pair of strappy brown sandals. Must find out from Paul if we are, in fact, invited to his friends' wedding, when it is, and how (in)formal it will be...

No comments: