- Grampy telling me that holding Kayley was "the greatest joy of my life."
- Helping Grammy try and find her hearing aid (which, apparently, she wraps in a kleenex when she takes it out - perhaps not the best routine) and telling her that Grampy hid it so he'd have an excuse to yell at her. [Don't worry - got an e-mail from my dad when I arrived last night letting me know the call had come in - they found the hearing aid and were exhausted from their day long search.]
- This note, left on the kitchen table, which is just quintessential Grammy and Grampy:

It reads:
#1 Bob there are two bananas wrapped in white napkins behind the buttering dish in the refrigerator.
#2 Bread for toasting is in the refrigerator. Please put it back for Helen.
Thank you.
Love Helen
If Paul and I can have an ounce of what these two have together, we'll be just fine.

4 comments:
OMG, I love your grandparents!
They are really unbelievably adorable. Bob is 89 and Helen will be 95 this Friday.
yes, there are one in a million. Grammy told me that each morning when they wake up, they give each other "kisses".........and although I'm sure it's a sign of their deep affection for one another, I also believe it's because they are grateful to have actually woken up again!
p.s. Grammy's only going to be 94. I sent her a B'day card several years ago wishing her a Happy 80tieth and she promptly reminded me that she was only 79 that year!
Post a Comment