Saturday, June 30, 2007

Foot count


Although all of my posts aren't shoe-related, I feel "shoe addict" is still an apt moniker for my blog. People often ask me exactly how many pairs I have, and I generally guesstimate around 100. In the midst of packing today I was clearing out my old closet which contains, among other things, lots of shoes, so I thought I would count. I was just around 30, until I went downstairs and saw an entire Adidas duffel bag bursting with footwear that hadn't made it upstairs yet.


Here's the official inventory:


  • sneakers = 7; running = 3

  • boots = 6 (2 knee high, 2 calf, 1 ankle, 1 snow)

  • flip flops = 2

  • sandals = 5; w/ heels =5

  • wedges = 3 (although 1 is actually a sandal, I felt its defining feature was its wedge-ness)

  • heels = 8; dress = 7 (these are ones I would actually wear to a wedding, and many only go with a specific dress)

  • flats = 3

Giving us a grand total of 49 - I overestimated myself! I think 49 is completely reasonable.*


So what have we learned? I clearly need more flats.


*This, of course, doesn't include the other 26 pairs I have hanging around that I don't actually wear anymore but am just not emotionally prepared to part with.

2 comments:

Mrs. Hammond said...

article on Boston.com today...you must read!
http://www.boston.com/yourlife/fashion/articles/2007/07/05/sole_mates/

AML said...

Mrs. H the link is cut off! If you have it can you e-mail it to me? P.S. What do we think of that shoe wheel?