I'm leaving the city in 2 days and miraculously I haven't had a full blown panic attack yet. (I started feeling dizzy last night but nothing a strong cocktail couldn't calm). I have done as much grading as I can, finished my paid textbook-bitch (er, I mean...editing) work, and am going to pack my office. Two more hrs til we get to leave and go to Sweet & Viscious for my going away drinks. I tend to get really anxious when I'm "hosting" something, especially when I'm coming different groups of friends. I'm trying to chill out and just think of it as "receiving hours" (MMR said it's like a wake: 2-4 and 7-9). I'll just sit there and let people bring me drinks. Jane's in charge of bringing me water every hour b/c I have 1 more class to teach tomorrow morning at 9am. (I use the word "teach" very loosely here; I'm bringing them juice and donuts and tonight have to think of something fun but relevant to discuss. I'm sure I'll come up with something brilliant around drink #5).
Still no baby Spindler yet - she's holding out for Auntie.
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment