Sunday, June 24, 2007

Rockin' the Suburbs

It's amazing how quickly one can adapt to a change of environment. Friday morning I was eating a real NY bagel in Washington Square Park. Last night I chilled at the U's house for Lisa's graduation party and knocked back a few Sam Summers with the gang. This morning I had brunch with Mia and Andy (who were up in Boston for a wedding on a Duck tour - read it again, it'll say the same thing) at cute cafe in downtown Wakefield, where my breakfast wrap (aloha - egg, swiss cheese, ham and pineapple - delicious) barely outpriced my small iced mocha ($3.75 to $3.03). And this afternoon I mowed the lawn. The only thing that could have topped off my day to make it a little more suburbalicious would have been a nice cold wine cooler to enjoy on the back porch while I read the Globe's sports page and checked out what's on sale at Kohl's this week.

P.S. I also got carded (or as we say around here, "cAHdid") at the movies when I went to see Knocked Up. The woman at the ticket counter said, "Can I see your ID?" To which I replied, "Yes, yes you can." I never want to BE 16 again, but if I look 10 yrs younger than I am - no prob.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL - I've never known anyone whose been carded at a movie in the States! That's so classic!

AML said...

My sister and I also got carded when we went to see the South Park movie. I think it's because "underage and at the movies" is a favorite expose of the local news channels.