The concept of a gendered institution is conceptualized based on the influence of social and private spheres, and how gender is affected by them. It can simply be stated as being less accessible based on wither you are identified as a man or woman.
Oh, Mr. Darcy, wither the days of gender and gentry?
These schools in NYU are based on a gendered institutionalized system, all but one school, the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) is happily un-gendered do [sic] to so many areas of study, and the overwhelming population.
Hours that classes are being held should be also considered, some males have different sleeping habits, and class structure is important. [on how NYU could be more gender neutral, which apparently this student equates with have a 50/50 split for males and females in the undergrad population]
Okay, now this is just down-right insulting to men. Are they really so incompetent that they can't get themselves out of bed for class in the morning? Although, I think that was the reason Gus dropped his education major...
And finally, the dazzling conclusion:
New York University in all its glory is a great institution; it is nationally accredited and has been rank by Princeton Review (2006) to be the most desirable University in the Nation. Hopefully, within the next couple of years, or within the next decade NYU will get the students body, and willingness that it deserves. If the current courses of action are taken by NYU's board this could be a great school that is clearly gender neutral.
Why the Random capital Letters? Which student's body? Whose willingness? I'm left wanting so, so much more!
And I would have broken into the hard alcohol already if it weren't for the articulate and coherent thoughts of some other students:
Furthermore, gender stratification allows for differences in the distribution of certain resources between men and women, and consequently results in the unequal attainment of income and power between the two sexes on the institutional level.
Indeed!
There will always be gender present in organization, but what needs adjustment is the value we assign to it.
Is there hope?
It is important to remember that since gender has been constructed by society, the meanings behind gender can be modified and changed by society.
Amen to that. Now pass the 'grigio

3 comments:
LOL - men have different sleeping patterns. I kind of like that simple declaration. How the hell it relates to anything important I know not, but I like the sentence.
Don't students have to pass basic English, grammar and spelling before attending college???
MJL, you would think, but apparently the answer is, "No." I'm really worried about the state of America's high schools...
Post a Comment