In the wee hours of Saturday morning I had a terrible nightmare that my sister was killed in a car accident. I was in hysterics at the funeral (and, incidentally, my parents didn't seem to be working too hard in their consoling efforts), and then woke up in a panic thinking, "but where's the baby?!?" because in the dream Steph wasn't pregnant, and in real like she's due in 4 days. I called Steph a little later and her cell phone was off, which gave me a brief moment of panic that she had gone into labor and no one had told me, but she called me back and reassured me that she was a) very much alive, b) sorry her phone had been off, and c) more ready than anyone for this baby to exit her body.
Last night I had a dream with a bizarre Pirates of the Caribbean theme (odd, especially since I saw that last week and Ocean's 13 last night), and might have included Katie Hiegl as well. Anywhoodle, I was at this bar where only people of Irish decent were allowed - obviously - and my sister left a booth and went outside, and when I saw her through the window I noticed she wasn't pregnant. I ran to her and we both started screaming until we realized the baby must have slipped out at home, and everything was going to be okay. [We can only pray for Steph that her delivery is that easy, but it seems highly unlikely - sorry dude.]
This baby needs to hurry on up because I can't keep sleeping like this! These dreams are worse than the pre-wedding one I had where I was at a bridal show at a Jessica McClintock vendor having a tent-like dress altered to fit when I realized the wedding was about to happen, I couldn't reach any of the other girls on their cell phones, and I ran across some weird courtyard into a castle-like structure when I was informed that I was too late to line up to be in the wedding. It was moderately traumatizing.
Good thing there are no major events happening in my life, I clearly wouldn't be able to handle them...
Sunday, June 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
are you regretting that you shared your blog with me yet?
Post a Comment