
Not gonna lie, it was delicious. I'm currently experiencing some moderate abdominal discomfort, but I'm sure it'll pass. I'm also going to have to do an awful lot of yoga to burn off all 660 calories (yup - I looked), but I figure if I skip dinner I should be okay.
I'm tiring of the driving pretty quickly (I now stalk gas prices the way I've stalked shoes online in the past), but there is something very satisfying about grocery shopping with a full-size cart (we have these weeny little ones in NYC to fit down the narrow aisles). I'm applying my bargainacious skills to food shopping, clipping coupons and watching sale tags. Today I saved $25.17 with my Von's card. 6 ears of white corn for $0.96! 3 x 12-packs of soda cans for $10! That's $0.30 a can! Do we need 36 cans of soda in the house? Probably not, but we are having people over next weekend and only 1/3 of the cans made it to the fridge, the rest are in the pantry snuggled next to the Triscuits and Wheat Thins I got last week at 2/$7. And besides, it's such a DEAL!
I rounded out my afternoon with a stop at the Solana Beach library. Getting a library card last week was kind of fun - I haven't had one that wasn't university affiliated since I was about 7. Books I checked out:
- How to be a Budget Fashionista
- knitgrrl2
- the knit stitch
- AlternaCrafts
- Beginners' Guide to Herb Gardening
- Papercraft
Domestic phase, much?
Okay, so maybe the problem isn't that I'd get bored after awhile, but that I'd become boring. I assure you, though, it delights be just as much to save $0.99 on a bunch of carnations as it does to find BCBG kitten heels for $30 at Marshalls. There's room in my hearts for steals and deals of all shapes and sizes.
Right then, time for Oprah. I know I need to start squeezing a little sociology into my life, but right now I'm enjoying my vacation from real work.

4 comments:
being domestic rocks :)
and if you are in Cali, have you had the chance to go to In n Out yet???
My boyfriend, who's English, is obsessed with "The Big Lebowski," so we made a pilgramage for a double double a few years back!
I turned my blogger id on. I am the last person in the world to get a gmail account, but lucky for me, no one has my last and first name username. So I am going to leave lots of comments with my new alias!
I'm confused about what's on top of the cheese in that six dollar burger. It looks fabulous. You also have to try in and out burger.
yay bec! it's a teriyaki burger with pineapple and teriyaki sauce on tope of the cheese - yummm
Post a Comment