Wednesday, July 18, 2007

She's Crafty

Well, at least she's trying to be. After finally doing something responsible and getting myself set up at UCSD yesterday, I rewarded myself with a trip to Michael's (add this to the list of stores Amy shouldn't be allowed to go into by herself). I'm all stocked up and ready to craft:



Last night I attempted my first project, a "rock-n-roll" bracelet made from paper, glass beads and elastic:


I don't love it, but it's not too bad for a first attempt. I definitely have a few ideas about how I could improve the next time around.



And in case I needed some inspiration, I got the perfect surprise pick-me-up in the mail yesterday:



The garland of paper flowers was a gift from Bec a while back. I had them in my office at NYU and forgot that I had packed them up with some books that arrived yesterday. They are so pretty - the colors match perfectly with our new table linens and my sale carnations, and they remind me of Bec. I love them.

Now I just have to make sure Paul doesn't huff the spray adhesive.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love it in that 1970s cut-out to kitchen window!

Anonymous said...

should I mention what those paper things on your bracelet remind me of from the 70's????

AML said...

I used to make them with Grammy when I was little. They're retro!