I've arrived in San Diego just in time to celebrate July 4th. I kind of hate July 4th, the same way and for the same reason I kind of hate New Year's Eve - it's so over rated and hyped up that if you don't have the most fun ever you feel like you failed somehow. It's a set up for disappointment.
This year, however, is different. For starters I've already gone for a 2 1/2 mile run (which makes it different from most days), and I'm going to spend the rest of the day on the beach with a bunch of ex-pats (go fig) drinking beer and eating hamburgers and hot dogs. This is a celebration I can get on board with.

2 comments:
Except for the beach part is sounds a lot like my holiday! Glad you made it out to CA safe and sound.
Thanks Beth! We had some fruit salad but it was nothing compared to those berry parfaits you've got over there - for a minute I was wondering if they sold CoolWhip in Dublin!
Post a Comment