
Dear Fresh Direct,
I am writing with regards to Order #1660924281, delivered Monday, January 15, 2007, at approximately 8:00 AM. In general, I am quite a fan of your company. You provide a great service for the residents of Manhattan (and select areas of the outer boroughs). Grocery shopping is difficult without a car – you have to carry everything you purchase – and fresh, good quality produce is pricey. Fresh Direct provide high quality food with reasonable prices.
Having been a customer since 2004, I have been reasonably pleased with your services. There has been the occasional broken egg or moldy lemon, but that’s to be expected. Moreover, you’ve been adding lots of great features lately. There’s the one-click recipe shopping, the President’s picks (I thoroughly enjoy this week’s reduced price roast turkey breast), and I’ve been pleased with the fresh dining meals I’ve tried.
Until last night, that is. I bought two meals – grill-marked chicken breast with snow peas and brown basmati rice and chicken teriyaki with fresh pineapple. Each under 400 calories and ready in about 4 minutes, I thought they’d be perfect for this week (I’m really trying to stick to healthy habits but am a little crunched for time). First I pulled out the chicken teriyaki, but something didn’t look right. The meat was pink. Either it is actually sushi grade tuna –OR– it’s raw chicken. Next. The grilled chicken looked great, until I cut into it. Raw – at least 50% of it is not cooked. Lest you think I exaggerate I have included a picture. Frankly I just consider myself lucky that I didn't ingest any of the raw chicken flesh. I've never had salmonella poisoning, but I can't imagine it's much fun.
Please refund me the price of these two entrees ($7.99 each).
I am writing with regards to Order #1660924281, delivered Monday, January 15, 2007, at approximately 8:00 AM. In general, I am quite a fan of your company. You provide a great service for the residents of Manhattan (and select areas of the outer boroughs). Grocery shopping is difficult without a car – you have to carry everything you purchase – and fresh, good quality produce is pricey. Fresh Direct provide high quality food with reasonable prices.
Having been a customer since 2004, I have been reasonably pleased with your services. There has been the occasional broken egg or moldy lemon, but that’s to be expected. Moreover, you’ve been adding lots of great features lately. There’s the one-click recipe shopping, the President’s picks (I thoroughly enjoy this week’s reduced price roast turkey breast), and I’ve been pleased with the fresh dining meals I’ve tried.
Until last night, that is. I bought two meals – grill-marked chicken breast with snow peas and brown basmati rice and chicken teriyaki with fresh pineapple. Each under 400 calories and ready in about 4 minutes, I thought they’d be perfect for this week (I’m really trying to stick to healthy habits but am a little crunched for time). First I pulled out the chicken teriyaki, but something didn’t look right. The meat was pink. Either it is actually sushi grade tuna –OR– it’s raw chicken. Next. The grilled chicken looked great, until I cut into it. Raw – at least 50% of it is not cooked. Lest you think I exaggerate I have included a picture. Frankly I just consider myself lucky that I didn't ingest any of the raw chicken flesh. I've never had salmonella poisoning, but I can't imagine it's much fun.
Please refund me the price of these two entrees ($7.99 each).
Sincerely,
Amy LeClair
P.S. Please pass along my gratitude to Healthy Choice for providing me with a quick, tasty alternative.
Amy LeClair
P.S. Please pass along my gratitude to Healthy Choice for providing me with a quick, tasty alternative.

4 comments:
LOL, I love that you start out so complimentary. If that doesn't work, try saying "Fecking hell, give me back my jaysus-ing money!!"
they did get back to me - apparently it is supposed to be raw but the "venting" system in the plastic wrap is supposed to allow for it to cook fully in the 4 minutes instructed. I have a $15.98 credit though!
I must say...since Steph passed on your blog I look forward to reading it every day! You are too funny!
glad you enjoy, miss bananahammock
Post a Comment