Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Prayers = answered.

Okay, to be fair I haven't exactly been praying for this which made it an even greater surprise when I walked into Borders books and saw Paperchase!

It's somewhat ironic because Saturday I dragged Paul on a mission to find a Barnes & Nobles because I wanted to look at their sale calendars, and, being a B&N card holder, I get an additional 10% off. Paul said he preferred Borders, having found B&N to be a little pikey. Used to the stores and Manhattan I generally prefer B&N, but upon visiting a San Diego one agreed with Paul's estimation that it left something to be desired.

And then, today, on a quest to purchase Imperial Life in the Emerald City, I strolled into Borders on the corner of G and 5th in San Diego to see a whole section of Paperchase, the fine British purveyor of stationary I fell in love with in Cambridge, England. Even better, Christmas stuff was 50% off. Glee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I actually am considering an overnight to London so that I can stock up. Rumour has it that there is a Paperchase at the Borders that is waaaayyyyy the hell out in the North County Dublin, but I haven't forced myself to leave the city yet. It's just so much easier to go to another city.