Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tagged

Oh dear, I knew I was getting in over my head with this whole new-fangled blogging thing. I have officially been tagged by Beth, my blogging muse, former college classmate and fellow cosmopolitan urban feminist. Here I go with 6 weird things about me:

1. I use Q-tips to clean my nose. Gross, I know, but they are so effective! When you don’t have a roommate around to check that there are no green men hanging or you’ve got something not released by a good blow, a Q-tip is your answer. It’s especially good to do right when you get out of the shower. Try it, you’ll thank me.

2. I went to Bible camp one summer (it wasn’t sleep away, and only for a week) and did a reading at my confirmation.

3. I organized the packets of sugar and sugar substitutes in my department one weekend. We always have them left over from conferences and talks, so I sorted them – Sugar, Sugar in the Raw, Splenda, Sweet’N Low, Equal. I put them in paper bags and stapled a packet corresponding to the contents to the outside so people could easily identify their preferred sweetener. When I see a mixed container I’ll sort them. I also do this with the plastic forks, knives and spoons.

4. My pinkie toes are triangular (or, more accurately, they are pyramid shaped – 3-dimensional and all). The bottoms are very pointy.

5. I can’t whistle and can only snap with my left hand.

6. Paul’s nickname for me is “the mole.” It has nothing to do with espionage. It has everything to do with how sleepy I always am on the phone (there’s a 3 hr time difference) and the ease with which I can fall asleep. Once when he called I woke from sleeping to answer the phone. When asked if I was sleepy my (alleged) response was, “Are you a pirate?” Apparently I tried to argue that it was an equally valid question. I have no memory of this conversation.

I hate to think what people I know would also include in this list. Then again, the sociologist in me doesn’t think any of these things are particularly weird. This is weird.

5 comments:

Mrs. Hammond said...

my pinky toeas are triangular too!!

AML said...

ooh, good. think we can claim disability status and get better parking spaces?

Anonymous said...

My second to last toes are triangular. My entire family nows says that I have hobbit feet. But what I really wanted to comment on was - you went to bible camp?!

AML said...

Yeah but your feet are nice and little - mine as sasquatch size (9). the bible camp thing was a one week daytime thing at my friend's church - i just remember making a faux stained glass "jesus loves me" thing to hang in the window, i'm sure my mom still has it somewhere

jillypickle said...

dude, i clean my nose with q-tips too. kindred spirits?