Thursday, January 11, 2007




I know I might be biased, but I'm pretty sure my sister was one of the most beautiful brides ever.



And now she's going to be a hot mommy, which will make me the super cool aunty. Again, pretty sure I'm going to be the best aunt ever. Let's review my qualifications:





  • I love babies


  • I'm not married/don't have kids of my own


  • I've got great Aunt role models


  • I love shopping and have great taste, which means my niece is going to be fabulously attired (she's still in the 5 month gestation period and already has 6 great outfits courtesy of yours truly)


  • Her other aunties already have a kid/nephew, so their joy won't be as pure


  • I have been aching for a baby girl in my life


  • Shortly after she's born I'm relocating to the east coast and have enormous guilt about this and you can TOTALLY buy kids' love

Auntie Amy rules.




2 comments:

Global Librarian said...

You can also be the cool aunt in a super-cool location that she can visit when old enough to fly on a plane by herself.

Major points there!

AML said...

well by that time who knows where I'll be... the great fear in academics is that your first job will be as Southwestern North Dakota Community Polytechnic...although I'm sure they have a great Sociology department...