What underwear does one wear to the gym? I just can't seem to get it right. I was going with the standard 5/$25 Victoria's Secret cotton bikinis, but I do my cardio first, then weights, and as my ever wise gym buddy Bec put it, I don't like to have my special parts 'marinating' in sweat. It can't be healthy. I splurged and bought a pair of Under Armour briefs. They definitely do the job of 'wicking' away the moisture, but $16.99 for a pair of underwear? C'mon. For that price they better do more than wick.
Then there's the thong/brief debate, which is where I'm really stuck. I don't think I've ever actually worn a thong to the gym. I've got a lot of junk in my trunk, so the thought of wearing a thong doesn't make me so comfortable. Just picturing the view from the bikes behind the treadmills...I imagine it would be like driving behind a car that's got the trunk open or barely tethered with a bungee cord. You're just afraid something's going to fall out at any moment. But the problem I'm having lately with briefs is that my junk is, well, spilling out of the trunk. I've got 4+ cheeks going on. It's like when women wear ill-fitting bras and their cups runneth over (this is one of my biggest pet peeves, b.t.w. I love it when Trinny and Susannah go on Oprah and grab women off the streets to save their distraught bosoms.) My bum looks like a freshly popped can of oven-ready biscuits. I hate the thought of having to go out and buy granny panties for the gym. Maybe I should just revive my old swimming tee shirts (all size L obviously) that covered my caboose. If I looked like Jane Fonda this wouldn't be an issue.
What's a fat bottomed girl to do?


1 comment:
Hmm, yeah, my problem is more like "how do I keep in my pot belly so that it looks littler than my butt?" I've found Bridget Jones knickers to be my best bet, even at the gym, even when they somewhat cut off any room I might have had to breath!
Post a Comment