I used to think having a camera on a cell phone was unnecessary and even a little ridiculous. What on earth did I need a camera for? Besides, it was just one more thing to break. Now that I have a phone w/ a camera, however, I've found lots of occasions to use it. I was able to capture my favorite gingerbread person design before gifting it at Christmas. I have a pic of Kiley and Matt's adorable son Parker to look at when I need a little pick-me-up, and my wallpaper is an extraordinary view of the south rim of the Grand Canyon from my trip this summer.
On the less aesthetic end, I have also been known to use the camera feature for shopping advice/bragging rights on more than one occasion, but this did result in Kat getting a great leather bag for $50. (After seeing mine in burnt orange she asked I go back and buy the only remaining one which was a cool metallic grey/green). This morning, I sunk to a new low. While walking down Broadway I spotted a woman in front of me with an outfit you would have to see to believe. I think you know where this is going. I wouldn't say I chased after her, but I did pick up the pace a little. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that I can upload the image from my phone to the computer. Hmmm...
Sorry to be such a tease, but I'll give you a little taste of the outfit. It involved boots not unlike these, but mangier and in leopard print. Think leopard printed skin of the hyenas from The Lion King. With a matching coat, also not looking brand new, but not in a vintage kind of way. More in a "I-hit-this-thing-on-a-safari-so-why-let-the-skin-go-to-waste?" kind of way. The best part, however, was what was filling the void between the coat and the boots: olive green pleather pants. I kid you not.
I'll let that mental image carry you through the day.

No comments:
Post a Comment