
Signs I am getting older:
- When the temperature drops below freezing, comfort surpasses fashion on the list of dressing priorities (thermals, please).
- The advent of the 2 day hangover
- My body won't let me sleep past 10am unless I'm really sick.
- Friends getting married
- Friends getting divorced
- Friends getting pregnant. On purpose. (Oh! You guys meant for this to happen!
Congratulations! ) - I can discuss the relative merits of Pepto Bismal vs. Tums.
- I understand the importance of fiber in one's diet and eat accordingly (Kashi fiber twigs, mmmmm).
- I know what 900 sq.ft. looks like.
- I know the market price of various types of produce and shop accordingly (grapes are how much?!? f-that! get some apples - no, the cheap ones).
- I have a basic knowledge about the real estate market in at least 3 major U.S. cities.
- Large groups of teenagers intimidate me.
- On any given day, I need to choose between caffine and alcohol.
- My students don't get my cultural references (What do you mean none of you have seen Heathers?).
- Two glasses of wine with dinner or watching T.V.? Better chase that with a liter of water or it's going to be some kind of headache come 7:30 am.
- I have asked someone to turn the music down.
- I have asked someone to turn the volume on the T.V. up.
- If I want my body shape to change, it's not exercise -OR- eat right; it's both; with vigilance.
- When I'm home, I listen to the same radio station as my dad. And we swap CDs. (Joni Mitchell? Awesome. Here, try the new Dixie Chicks. Is this my David Grey or yours?
- My hips crack.
- I'm going to live with a boy!

2 comments:
I just had a meltdown about turning 27, at least I'm not the only one with these thoughts (sans living with a boy)
I'm looking forward to 30. My friend said it was a big relief, but she might have just been trying to make herself feel better.
Post a Comment