Falls squarely in the "you've got to see it to believe it" category:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=489221653835413043
I wonder what my students would think if I showed it in class...
Thursday, February 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Um.... words fail me.
I think your students would wonder about your sanity.
Where did you get this?! Its almost as good as the New England gangsters. But not quite...
Somewhat surprisingly the video was part of a statistics-teaching material list sent around on the "Sociologists for Women in Society" list-serve. It was suggested to show students "how cool math is." Steph, I had a dream last night that I showed it in class and it went over remarkably well...
i want the 5 minutes of my life back i spent watching this, the 2 semesters i spent taking stats, and the countless hours i've spent deleting dg forwards to the listserv. thank you, fairy stats mother.
j.p. - you can only get temporally reimbursed if I get back the 2 hrs I spent reading "American Calling: the social history of the telephone" and however long I spent watching the movie "Novacaine" with Steve Martin (wins title of only movie I've ever fast-forwarded through)
Post a Comment