Monday, February 05, 2007

I'm the coldest lady in all the land

After my trip to the No-no Doctor this morning (you know, the one who touches you in your no-no special place), I tottered down Broadway, wrapped up like Ralphie's little brother from A Christmas Story ("I can't put my arms down!"). A big debate was raging in my head - should I splurge on a scrumptious Starbucks beverage and treat, or should I go straight to my office and have a more sensible cup of tea and packet of instant oatmeal? Of course I went for the corporate breakfast, because if you don't deserve a treat after going to 3rd base with a metal crank and a latex glove, then when do you? Really.
[T.M.I. warning: Incidentally, my doctor told me my cervix has a tendency to "deviate to the left." I've never heard such a thing before. Even my cervix is deviant - who knew?!]
I must say the tallnonfatnowhipcinnamondolcelattewithsugarfreesyrup was a little disappointing. Simultaneously too sweet and a little bland. The Reduced-Fat Cinnamon Chip Mini Loaf, however, was a delightful surprise. It would have been perfect paired with a cup of sweet, milky PG tips tea. (God bless those little flavoroid pyramids - I get them imported from England. What can I say, I'm a tea snob. I got spoiled learning to drink tea in the UK.)

But when I got to the office and checked out my favorite blog, I realized there's something else to make me all warm and fuzzy inside - Fashion Week! - or, more specifically, the commentary! I live for vicious fashion critiques. The people that write for MSN Undressed are clearly of above average intelligence and have a pact with Satan. I can get on board with that.

If I could have attended one show, it would have to have been the Heart Truth Red Dress show. What a great idea?! Get celebrities to wear gorgeous red frocks and raise awareness about heart disease, the leading killer of women in this country. It is totally worth checking out the video to see Betsey Johnson, also a breast cancer survivor, channel Cindy Lauper and bounce down the catwalk. Kim Catrell is ravishing. Rachel Ray apparently left her neck backstage. Spring chicken and recovering Idol finalist Katherine McPhee also held her own against some more seasoned celebs (Billie Jean King and Felicia Reshad, to name a few), showing off her amazing gams (and did she get implants?) in a Swarovski-studded mini. Now don't get me wrong, she looked smokin', but I was a wee bit worried about her no-no special place. One wrong move in that smock and her va-ga-ga might catch a McPhever.



2 comments:

Mrs. Hammond said...

The best line EVER!
"One wrong move in that smock and her va-ga-ga might catch a McPhever."

AML said...

Thanks, Mrs. H! I'm only as witty as the people who get my humor.