Thursday, February 15, 2007

Clumsy much?

I tend to get a bit clumsy before my period. In fact, if we each got to individualize the PMS anagram I think mine would be pissy/messy/stupid. But I've still got a good week and a half left before P-day so I'm not sure that I can use it as an excuse for yesterday's happenings:

Treadmill, 8:30 am - Accidentally hit emergency stop button. Can't figure out what's happening at first, but catch on and resume workout (and you can be DAMN sure I counted the 1/4 mile I'd already run). Drop towel, which flies off the back end. Pause. Retrieve towel and resume workout. Try to drink water and instead squirt it all over chest. Figure I would have gotten sweaty there anyways. Cut hand on little plastic tie that holds channel/volume control box to treadmill. Consider informing staff of sharp plastic projectile but think better of calling attention to what a spaz I am.

Stairmaster, 9:00 am - Drop towel. Descend to floor level, retrieve towel and resume workout. Attempt to drink water and instead drop water bottle, spilling water all over me, machine, and floor and scaring the bejesus out of the woman next to me. Convince neighbor she doesn't need to cease her rapid gyrating for me to retrieve bottle. Carefully kick bottle out from under her machine and resume workout.

Weight room, 10:00 am - Avoid free weights out of concern for personal safety.

Department, 11:00 am - Drop same piece of paper twice en route from mailbox to office. Distance - approx. 200 ft. I'm not carrying anything else.

Bulk of day - avoid sharp/ heavy objects, hot liquids and going anywhere I wouldn't be found for quite some time if fell and knocked self unconscious. Walk home at octogenarian pace.

And at night the only injury I incurred was stepping on a piece of glass (origins unknown). I was able to safely remove it with tweezers, no biggie (especially compared to the burnt hands/slip 'n hit face in shower/vertigo combination I had a couple of months ago, but that's another story for another day). Looking back I'm not sure if it's PMS or if I just need to come to terms with the fact that, no matter how hard I try, I can't force myself to be a morning person and, consequently, early a.m. workouts may not be in my best interests.

No comments: